Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cups butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 lb bag of powdered sugar
- 1 pkg gluten-free “Oreos” (I like to use Kinnitoos Gluten Free Cookies)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp water
- 5 whole cookies for topping
- Open cookie package and set aside 5 whole cookies for topping.
- Pull apart cookies, scraping inside icing into large mixing bowl.
- Put cookie pieces in heavy zip lock bag and roll repetitively until crushed fine.
- In large mixing bowl (already filled with icing scrapings), add butter and shortening.
- Blend well until whipped.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and water. Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cookie crumbled on low speed, mixing just until combined.
- Remove from mixer and frost cake or cupcakes!