Skip to content
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 drops food coloring
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- buttercream or jam filling
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift powdered sugar and almond flour into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In large electric mixing bowl, whip egg whites until peak.
- Add cream of tarter and salt, mix.
- Add superfine sugar and mix again.
- Once egg whites hold a stiff peak, gently fold egg mixture into the almond/powdered sugar mixture. Combine.
- Add food coloring and mix.
- Transfer batter into a piping bag with tip #12.
- Pipe round circles onto parchment paper.
- Let sit on counter for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until thin layers have puffed up and are shiny.
- Remove from oven, cool, and fill.